Pronunciation: (prop"u-zish'un),[key] —n. 1. the act of offering or suggesting something to be considered, accepted, adopted, or done.
2. a plan or scheme proposed.
3. an offer of terms for a transaction, as in business.
4. a thing, matter, or person considered as something to be dealt with or encountered: Keeping diplomatic channels open is a serious proposition. 5. anything stated or affirmed for discussion or illustration.
6. Rhet.a statement of the subject of an argument or a discourse, or of the course of action or essential idea to be advocated.
7. Logic.a statement in which something is affirmed or denied, so that it can therefore be significantly characterized as either true or false.
8. Math.a formal statement of either a truth to be demonstrated or an operation to be performed; a theorem or a problem.
9. a proposal of usually illicit sexual relations.
—v.t. 1. to propose sexual relations to.
2. to propose a plan, deal, etc., to.