Pronunciation: (pyoor'i-tē),[key] —n. 1. the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.: the purity of drinking water. 2. freedom from any admixture or modifying addition.
3. ceremonial or ritual cleanness.
4. freedom from guilt or evil; innocence.
5. physical chastity; virginity.
6. freedom from foreign or inappropriate elements; careful correctness: purity of expression. 7. Optics.the chroma, saturation, or degree of freedom from white of a given color.
8. cleanness or spotlessness, as of garments.