Pronunciation: (rēv),[key] —n. 1. an administrative officer of a town or district.
2. Brit.an overseer or superintendent of workers, tenants, or an estate.
3. Brit.(formerly) a person of high rank representing the crown.
4. Canadian.the presiding officer of a village or town council.
Pronunciation: (rēv),[key] —v.t.,rove or reeved, reev•ing.Naut. 1. to pass (a rope or the like) through a hole, ring, or the like.
2. to fasten by placing through or around something.
3. to pass a rope through (the swallow of a block).
Pronunciation: (rēv),[key] —n. the female of the ruff, Philomachus pugnax. Also called ree.