—v.t. 1. to effect a complete moral reform in.
2. to re-create, reconstitute, or make over, esp. in a better form or condition.
3. to revive or produce anew; bring into existence again.
4. Biol.to renew or restore (a lost, removed, or injured part).
5. Physics.to restore (a substance) to a favorable state or physical condition.
6. Electronics.to magnify the amplification of, by relaying part of the output circuit power into the input circuit.
7. Theol.to cause to be born again spiritually.
—v.i. 1. to come into existence or be formed again.
2. to reform; become regenerate.
3. to produce a regenerative effect.
4. to undergo regeneration.
—adj. 1. reconstituted or made over in a better form.
3. Theol.born again spiritually.