Pronunciation: (rel'ish), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/relish.html on line 75 [key]
1. liking or enjoyment of the taste of something.
2. pleasurable appreciation of anything; liking: He has no relish for obscene jokes.
a. something savory or appetizing added to a meal, as pickles or olives.
b. a sweet pickle made of various vegetables, usually chopped or minced.
c. an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre.
4. a pleasing or appetizing flavor.
5. a pleasing or enjoyable quality.
6. a taste or flavor.
7. a smack, trace, or touch of something.
1. to take pleasure in; like; enjoy: I don't relish the long drive home.
2. to make pleasing to the taste.
3. to like the taste of.
1. to have taste or flavor.
2. to be agreeable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.