Pronunciation: (ri-mān'dur),[key] —n. 1. something that remains or is left: the remainder of the day. 2. a remaining part.
3. Arith. a. the quantity that remains after subtraction.
b. the portion of the dividend that is not evenly divisible by the divisor.
4. Math.the difference between a function or a number and an approximation to it.
5. Law.a future interest so created as to take effect at the end of another estate, as when property is conveyed to one person for life and then to another.
6. remainders,Philately.the quantities of stamps on hand after they have been demonetized or otherwise voided for postal use.
7. a copy of a book remaining in the publisher's stock when its sale has practically ceased, frequently sold at a reduced price.