Pronunciation: (ri-mem'bruns),[key] —n. 1. a retained mental impression; memory.
2. the act or fact of remembering.
3. the power or faculty of remembering.
4. the length of time over which recollection or memory extends.
5. the state of being remembered; commemoration: to hold someone's name in remembrance. 6. something that serves to bring to mind or keep in mind some place, person, event, etc.; memento.
7. a gift given as a token of love or friendship: I sent her a small remembrance on Mother's Day. 8. remembrances,greetings; respects.