Pronunciation: (ri-nOO', -nyOO'),[key] —v.t. 1. to begin or take up again, as an acquaintance, a conversation, etc.; resume.
2. to make effective for an additional period: to renew a lease. 3. to restore or replenish: to renew a stock of goods. 4. to make, say, or do again.
5. to revive; reestablish.
6. to recover (youth, strength, etc.).
7. to restore to a former state; make new or as if new again.
—v.i. 1. to begin again; recommence.
2. to renew a lease, note, etc.
3. to be restored to a former state; become new or as if new again.