Pronunciation: (ri-pēt'),[key] —v.t. 1. to say or utter again (something already said): to repeat a word for emphasis. 2. to say or utter in reproducing the words, inflections, etc., of another: to repeat a sentence after the teacher. 3. to reproduce (utterances, sounds, etc.) in the manner of an echo, a phonograph, or the like.
4. to tell (something heard) to another or others.
5. to do, make, or perform again: to repeat an action. 6. to go through or undergo again: to repeat an experience.
—v.i. 1. to do or say something again.
2. to cause a slight regurgitation: The onions I ate are repeating on me. 3. to vote illegally by casting more than one vote in the same election.
—n. 1. the act of repeating.
2. something repeated; repetition.
3. a duplicate or reproduction of something.
4. a decorative pattern repeated, usually by printing, on a textile or the like.
5. Music. a. a passage to be repeated.
b. a sign, as a vertical arrangement of dots, calling for the repetition of a passage.
6. a radio or television program that has been broadcast at least once before.