—v.t. 1. to make a copy, representation, duplicate, or close imitation of: to reproduce a picture. 2. to produce again or anew by natural process: to reproduce a severed branch. 3. Biol.to produce one or more other individuals of (a given kind of organism) by some process of generation or propagation, sexual or asexual.
4. to cause or foster the reproduction of (organisms).
5. to produce, form, make, or bring about again or anew in any manner.
6. to recall to the mind or have a mental image of (a past incident, scene, etc.), as by the aid of memory or imagination.
7. to produce again, as a play produced at an earlier time.
—v.i. 1. to reproduce its kind, as an organism; propagate; bear offspring.
2. to turn out in a given manner when copied: This picture will reproduce well.