Pronunciation: (ri-zûrvd'), [key]
1. kept or set apart for some particular use or purpose.
2. kept by special arrangement for some person: a reserved seat.
3. formal or self-restrained in manner and relationship; avoiding familiarity or intimacy with others: a quiet, reserved man.
4. characterized by reserve, as the disposition, manner, etc.: reserved comments.
5. retaining the original color of a surface, esp. when decorating portions of the surface with other colors.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.