Pronunciation: (rez'ur-vwär", -vwôr", -vôr", rez'u-),[key] —n. 1. a natural or artificial place where water is collected and stored for use, esp. water for supplying a community, irrigating land, furnishing power, etc.
2. a receptacle or chamber for holding a liquid or fluid.
3. Geol.See under pool1 (def. 6).
4. Biol.a cavity or part that holds some fluid or secretion.
5. a place where anything is collected or accumulated in great amount.
6. a large or extra supply or stock; reserve: a reservoir of knowledge.