Pronunciation: (ri-vûr'zhun, -shun),[key] —n. 1. the act of turning something the reverse way.
2. the state of being so turned; reversal.
3. the act of reverting; return to a former practice, belief, condition, etc.
4. Biol. a. reappearance of ancestral characters that have been absent in intervening generations.
b. return to an earlier or primitive type; atavism.
5. Law. a. the returning of an estate to the grantor or the grantor's heirs after the interest granted expires.
b. an estate which so returns.
c. the right of succeeding to an estate.
6. Archaic.the remains, esp. of food or drink after a meal.