Pronunciation: (ri-vī'vul),[key] —n. 1. restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength, etc.
2. restoration to use, acceptance, or currency: the revival of old customs. 3. a new production of an old play.
4. a showing of an old motion picture.
5. an awakening, in a church or community, of interest in and care for matters relating to personal religion.
6. an evangelistic service or a series of services for the purpose of effecting a religious awakening: to hold a revival. 7. the act of reviving.
8. the state of being revived.
9. Law.the reestablishment of legal force and effect.