—v.t., v.i. 1. to turn hastily; flutter and shift: to riffle a stack of letters; to riffle through a book. 2. Cards.to shuffle by dividing the deck in two, raising the corners slightly, and allowing them to fall alternately together.
3. to cause or become a riffle.
—n. 1. a rapid, as in a stream.
2. a ripple, as upon the surface of water.
3. Mining.the lining of transverse bars or slats on the bed of a sluice, arranged so as to catch heavy minerals, as gold or platinum.
4. a hopper for distributing bulk material.
5. the act or method of riffling cards.