—n. 1. a dishonest, knavish person; scoundrel.
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues. 3. a tramp or vagabond.
4. a rogue elephant or other animal of similar disposition.
5. Biol.a usually inferior organism, esp. a plant, varying markedly from the normal.
—v.i. to live or act as a rogue.
—v.t. 1. to cheat.
2. to uproot or destroy (plants, etc., that do not conform to a desired standard).
3. to perform this operation upon: to rogue a field.
—adj. 1. (of an animal) having an abnormally savage or unpredictable disposition, as a rogue elephant.
2. no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade: a rogue cop; a rogue union local.