Pronunciation: (rō-zet'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/rosette.html on line 73 [key]
1. any arrangement, part, object, or formation more or less resembling a rose.
2. a rose-shaped arrangement of ribbon or other material, used as an ornament or badge.
3. Also,rosace.an architectural ornament resembling a rose or having a generally circular combination of parts.
4. Bot.a circular cluster of leaves or other organs.
5. a broad ornamental head for a screw or nail.
a. any of a number of disks of refined copper formed when cold water is thrown onto the molten metal.
b. a rounded microconstituent of certain alloys.
7. Plant Pathol.any of several diseases of plants, characterized by the crowding of the foliage into circular clusters owing to a shortening of the internodes of stems or branches, caused by fungi, viruses, or nutritional deficiencies.
8. one of the compound spots on a leopard.
Pronunciation: (rō-zet'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/rosette.html on line 130 [key]
a female given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.