Pronunciation: (rôs, ros),[key] —n. the rough exterior of bark.
—v.t. to remove the rough exterior of bark from (a log or the like).
Pronunciation: (rôs, ros),[key] —n. 1. Betsy Gris•com Pronunciation: (gris'kum),[key] 1752–1836, maker of the first U.S. flag.
2. Harold Wallace, 1892–1951, U.S. publisher and editor.
3. Sir James Clark, 1800–62, English navigator: explorer of the Arctic and the Antarctic.
4. his uncle,Sir John, 1777–1856, Scottish naval officer and arctic explorer.
5. John(Coowescoowe or Kooweskoowe), 1790–1866, Cherokee leader.
6. Sir Ronald, 1857–1932, English physician: Nobel prize 1902.
7. a male given name.