Pronunciation: (rus'ti-kāt"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/rusticate.html on line 73 [key]
—v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
1. to go to the country.
2. to stay or sojourn in the country.
1. to send to or domicile in the country.
2. to make rustic, as persons or manners.
3. to finish (a wall surface) so as to produce or suggest rustication.
4. Brit.to suspend (a student) from a university as punishment.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.