Pronunciation: (sā'bul),[key] —n., pl.-bles,(esp. collectively for 1, 2)-ble, —adj.
—n. 1. an Old World weasellike mammal, Mustela zibellina, of cold regions in Eurasia and the North Pacific islands, valued for its dark brown fur.
2. a marten, esp. Mustela americana. 3. the fur of the sable.
4. the color black, often being one of the heraldic colors.
5. sables,mourning garments.
—adj. 1. of the heraldic color sable.
2. made of the fur or hair of the sable.
3. very dark; black.
Pronunciation: (sā'bul),[key] —n. 1. Cape, a cape on a small island at the SW tip of Nova Scotia, Canada: lighthouse.
2. a cape at the S tip of Florida.