Pronunciation: (sat"is-fak'shun),[key] —n. 1. an act of satisfying; fulfillment; gratification.
2. the state of being satisfied; contentment.
3. the cause or means of being satisfied.
4. confident acceptance of something as satisfactory, dependable, true, etc.
5. reparation or compensation, as for a wrong or injury.
6. the opportunity to redress or right a wrong, as by a duel.
7. payment or discharge, as of a debt or obligation.
8. Eccles. a. an act of doing penance or making reparation for venial sin.
b. the penance or reparation made.