Pronunciation: (sā'vur),[key] —n. 1. the quality in a substance that affects the sense of taste or of smell.
2. a particular taste or smell.
3. distinctive quality or property.
4. power to excite or interest.
—v.i. 1. to have savor, taste, or odor.
2. to exhibit the peculiar characteristics; smack (often fol. by of): His business practices savor of greed.
—v.t. 1. to give a savor to; season; flavor.
2. to perceive by taste or smell, esp. with relish: to savor the garden's odors. 3. to give oneself to the enjoyment of: to savor the best in life.Also,esp. Brit.,sa'vour.