Pronunciation: (sô),[key] —n., v.,sawed, sawed or sawn, saw•ing.
—n. 1. a tool or device for cutting, typically a thin blade of metal with a series of sharp teeth.
2. any similar tool or device, as a rotating disk, in which a sharp continuous edge replaces the teeth.
—v.t. 1. to cut or divide with a saw.
2. to form by cutting with a saw.
3. to make cutting motions as if using a saw: to saw the air with one's hands. 4. to work (something) from side to side like a saw.
—v.i. 1. to use a saw.
2. to cut with or as if with a saw.
3. to cut as a saw does.
4. saw wood,Informal.to snore loudly while sleeping.