Pronunciation: (sen"su-bil'i-tē),[key] —n., —pl.-ties. 1. capacity for sensation or feeling; responsiveness or susceptibility to sensory stimuli.
2. mental susceptibility or responsiveness; quickness and acuteness of apprehension or feeling.
3. keen consciousness or appreciation.
4. sensibilities,emotional capacities.
5. Sometimes, sensibilities. liability to feel hurt or offended; sensitive feelings.
6. Often, sensibilities. capacity for intellectual and aesthetic distinctions, feelings, tastes, etc.: a man of refined sensibilities. 7. the property, as in plants or instruments, of being readily affected by external influences.