Pronunciation: (sen'tu-munt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sentiment.html on line 77 [key]
1. an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
2. a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
3. refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
4. exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
5. a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
6. the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.