Pronunciation: (shô),[key] —n. 1. Midland U.S.a small wood or thicket.
2. Scot.the stalks and leaves of potatoes, turnips, and other cultivated root plants.
Pronunciation: (shô),[key] —n. 1. Artie(Arthur Arshawsky), born 1910, U.S. clarinetist and bandleader.
2. George Bernard, 1856–1950, Irish dramatist, critic, and novelist: Nobel prize 1925.
3. Henry Wheeler. See Billings, Josh. 4. Irwin, 1913–84, U.S. dramatist and author.
5. Richard Norman, 1831–1912, English architect, born in Scotland.
6. Thomas Edward. See Lawrence, Thomas Edward.