Pronunciation: (sim"yu-lā'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/simulation.html on line 75 [key]
1. imitation or enactment, as of something anticipated or in testing.
2. the act or process of pretending; feigning.
3. an assumption or imitation of a particular appearance or form; counterfeit; sham.
4. Psychiatry.a conscious attempt to feign some mental or physical disorder to escape punishment or to gain a desired objective.
5. the representation of the behavior or characteristics of one system through the use of another system, esp. a computer program designed for the purpose.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.