Pronunciation: (slô'tur),[key] —n. 1. the killing or butchering of cattle, sheep, etc., esp. for food.
2. the brutal or violent killing of a person.
3. the killing of great numbers of people or animals indiscriminately; carnage: the slaughter of war.
—v.t. 1. to kill or butcher (animals), esp. for food.
2. to kill in a brutal or violent manner.
3. to slay in great numbers; massacre.
4. Informal.to defeat thoroughly; trounce: They slaughtered our team.
Pronunciation: (slô'tur),[key] —n. Frank, born 1908, U.S. novelist and physician.