Pronunciation: (sniv'ul),[key] —v.,-eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.)-elled, -el•ling, —n.
—v.i. 1. to weep or cry with sniffling.
2. to affect a tearful state; whine.
3. to run at the nose; have a runny nose: She sniveled from the cold. 4. to draw up mucus audibly through the nose: Stop sniveling and use your handkerchief.
—v.t. to utter with sniveling or sniffling.
—n. 1. weak, whining, or pretended weeping.
2. a light sniffle, as in weeping.
3. a hypocritical show of feeling: a sentimental snivel. 4. mucus running from the nose.
5. snivels,a sniveling condition; a slight cold; sniffles (usually prec. by the).