Pronunciation: (snôrt),[key] —v.i. 1. (of animals) to force the breath violently through the nostrils with a loud, harsh sound: The spirited horse snorted and shied at the train. 2. (of persons) to express contempt, indignation, etc., by a similar sound.
3. Slang.to take a drug by inhaling.
—v.t. 1. to utter with a snort.
2. to expel (air, sound, etc.) by or as by snorting.
3. Slang.to take (a drug) by inhaling: to snort cocaine.
—n. 1. the act or sound of snorting.
2. Slang.a quick drink of liquor; shot.
3. Slang. a. an act or instance of taking a drug by inhalation.
b. the amount of drug inhaled.