Pronunciation: (sun),[key] —n. 1. a male child or person in relation to his parents.
2. a male child or person adopted as a son; a person in the legal position of a son.
3. any male descendant: a son of the Aztecs. 4. a son-in-law.
5. a person related as if by ties of sonship.
6. a male person looked upon as the product or result of particular agencies, forces, influences, etc.: a true son of the soil. 7. a familiar term of address to a man or boy from an older person, an ecclesiastic, etc.
8. the Son,the second person of the Trinity; Jesus Christ.