Pronunciation: (sOOn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/soon.html on line 73 [key]
—adv., -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
6. Obs.immediately; at once; forthwith.
7. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party. Cf. rather (def. 7).
8. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.