Pronunciation: (stik'ē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sticky.html on line 75 [key]
—adj., stick•i•er, stick•i•est.
1. having the property of adhering, as glue; adhesive.
2. covered with adhesive or viscid matter: sticky hands.
3. (of the weather or climate) hot and humid: It was an unbearably sticky day.
4. requiring careful treatment; awkwardly difficult: a rather sticky diplomatic problem; Breaking the news is going to be sticky.
5. Informal.unpleasant; unfortunate; nasty: The villain of the story meets a sticky end.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.