Pronunciation: (strē'mur),[key] —n. 1. something that streams: streamers of flame. 2. a long, narrow flag or pennant.
3. a long, flowing ribbon, feather, or the like used for ornament, as in dress.
4. any long, narrow piece or thing, as a spray of a plant or a strip of cloud.
5. a stream of light, esp. one appearing in some forms of the aurora borealis.
6. Elect.an electric discharge in a narrow stream from a point of high potential on a charged body.
7. Astron.a long extension of the solar corona, several solar radii long.
8. Journalism.banner (def. 7).
9. a parachute that comes out of its packing in a long stream but does not expand.