Pronunciation: (strip'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person who strips.
2. a thing that strips, as an appliance or machine for stripping.
3. Also called ecdysiast, exotic dancer, stripteaser. a person who performs a striptease.
4. a harvesting machine for stripping the seed heads from the stalks of grain.
5. a machine used in harvesting cotton to strip the bolls from the plants.
6. a chemical solution that removes varnish, paint, wax, etc., from a surface, as of furniture or flooring.
7. any of several rollers covered with card clothing that operate in combination with the worker rollers and the cylinder in the carding of fibers.
8. Print.a worker who assembles and strips photographic negatives or positives for platemaking. Cf. strip2 (def. 10).