Pronunciation: (sub-skrip'shun),[key] —n. 1. a sum of money given or pledged as a contribution, payment, investment, etc.
2. the right to receive a periodical for a sum paid, usually for an agreed number of issues.
3. an arrangement for presenting a series of concerts, plays, etc., that one may attend by the payment of a membership fee: to purchase a 10-concert subscription. 4. Chiefly Brit.the dues paid by a member of a club, society, etc.
5. a fund raised through sums of money subscribed.
6. a sum subscribed.
7. the act of appending one's signature or mark, as to a document.
8. a signature or mark thus appended.
9. something written beneath or at the end of a document or the like.
10. a document to which a signature is attached.
11. assent, agreement, or approval expressed verbally or by signing one's name.
12. Eccles.assent to or acceptance of a body of principles or doctrines, the purpose of which is to establish uniformity.
13. Ch. of Eng.formal acceptance of the Thirty-nine Articles of 1563 and the Book of Common Prayer.