—n.sOO'pīn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/supine.html on line 83 [key]
1. lying on the back, face or front upward.
2. inactive, passive, or inert, esp. from indolence or indifference.
3. (of the hand) having the palm upward.
1. (in Latin) a noun form derived from verbs, appearing only in the accusative and the dative-ablative, as dictū in mirābile dictū, “wonderful to say.”
2. (in English) the simple infinitive of a verb preceded by to.
3. an analogous form in some other language.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.