Pronunciation: (sil'vun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sylvan.html on line 73 [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
2. consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
3. made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.
1. a person dwelling in a woodland region.
2. a mythical deity or spirit of the woods. Also,silvan.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.