Pronunciation: (tē),[key] —n., —pl.T's or Ts, t's or ts. 1. the 20th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2. any spoken sound represented by the letter T or t, as in tub, but, or butter. 3. something having the shape of a T. 4. a written or printed representation of the letter T or t. 5. a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter T or t. 6. to a T, exactly; perfectly: That job would suit you to a T.Also,to a tee.
—Symbol. 1. the 20th in order or in a series, or, when I is omitted, the 19th.
2. (sometimes l.c.) the medieval Roman numeral for 160. Cf. Roman numerals. 3. surface tension.
4. Biochem. a. threonine.
5. Photog.See T number. 6. Physics. a. tau lepton.
b. time reversal.
7. the launching time of a rocket or missile: T minus two.
Statistics. 1. a random variable having Student's t distribution.
2. the statistic employed in Student's t-test.
a shortened form of it, before or after a verb, as in 'twas, 'tis, do't, see't.
U.S. Mil.(in designations of aircraft) trainer: T-11.
var. of -ed used in forming the past tense or past participle of certain verbs, usually occurring when the final consonant of the stem is voiceless, a lateral, or a nasal and there is internal vowel change in the root: slept; felt; dreamt.
1. tablespoon; tablespoonful.
2. taken from.
4. teaspoon; teaspoonful.
6. in the time of.