Pronunciation: (tab'lit),[key] —n., v.,-let•ed, -let•ing or -let•ted, -let•ting.
—n. 1. a number of sheets of writing paper, business forms, etc., fastened together at the edge; pad.
2. a flat slab or surface, esp. one bearing or intended to bear an inscription, carving, or the like.
3. a thin, flat leaf or sheet of slate, wax-coated wood, or other rigid material, used for writing or marking on, esp. one of a pair or set hinged or otherwise fastened together.
4. tablets,the set as a whole.
5. a small, flat, or flattish cake or piece of some solid or solidified substance, as a drug, chemical, or soap.
—v.t. 1. to furnish or mark with a tablet or plaque.
2. to mark or inscribe (memoranda, notes, etc.) on a tablet.
3. to form into tablets, cakes, pellets, etc.