Pronunciation: (tāk'doun"),[key] —adj. 1. made or constructed so as to be easily dismantled or disassembled.
2. Finance.takeout (def. 8).
—n. 1. the act of taking down.
2. a firearm designed to be swiftly disassembled or assembled.
3. the point of separation of two or more of the parts of a takedown firearm or other device.
4. Informal.the act of being humbled.
5. Wrestling.a move or series of maneuvers that succeeds in bringing a standing opponent down onto the mat.
6. Finance.takeout (def. 5). Also,take'-down".