—v.t. 1. to irritate or provoke with persistent petty distractions, trifling raillery, or other annoyance, often in sport.
2. to pull apart or separate the adhering fibers of (wool or the like), as in combing or carding; comb or card, as wool; shred.
3. to ruffle (the hair) by holding it at the ends and combing toward the scalp so as to give body to a hairdo.
4. to raise a nap on (cloth) with teasels; teasel.
5. Also,teaser.Television Slang.a short scene or highlight shown at the beginning of a film or television show to attract the audience's attention.
—v.i. to provoke or disturb a person or animal by importunity or persistent petty annoyances.
—n. 1. a person who teases or annoys.
2. the act of teasing or the state of being teased.