Pronunciation: (tu-nā'shus), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/tenacious.html on line 79 [key]
1. holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often fol. by of): a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
2. highly retentive: a tenacious memory.
3. pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
4. adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
5. holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.