Pronunciation: (thril),[key] —v.t. 1. to affect with a sudden wave of keen emotion or excitement, as to produce a tremor or tingling sensation through the body.
2. to utter or send forth tremulously, as a melody.
—v.i. 1. to affect one with a wave of emotion or excitement.
2. to be stirred by a tremor or tingling sensation of emotion or excitement: He thrilled at the thought of home. 3. to cause a prickling or tingling sensation; throb.
4. to move tremulously; vibrate; quiver.
—n. 1. a sudden wave of keen emotion or excitement, sometimes manifested as a tremor or tingling sensation passing through the body.
2. something that produces or is capable of producing such a sensation: a story full of thrills. 3. a thrilling experience: It was a thrill to see Paris again. 4. a vibration or quivering.
5. Pathol.an abnormal tremor or vibration, as in the respiratory or vascular system.