Pronunciation: (tint),[key] —n. 1. a color or a variety of a color; hue.
2. a color diluted with white; a color of less than maximum purity, chromo, or saturation.
3. a delicate or pale color.
4. any of various commercial dyes for the hair.
5. Engraving.a uniform shading, as that produced by a series of fine parallel lines.
6. Also called tint' block".Print.a faintly or lightly colored background upon which an illustration or the like is to be printed.
—v.t. to apply a tint or tints to; color slightly or delicately; tinge.