Pronunciation: (tu-pog'ru-fē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/topography.html on line 75 [key]
1. the detailed mapping or charting of the features of a relatively small area, district, or locality.
2. the detailed description, esp. by means of surveying, of particular localities, as cities, towns, or estates.
3. the relief features or surface configuration of an area.
4. the features, relations, or configuration of a structural entity.
5. a schema of a structural entity, as of the mind, a field of study, or society, reflecting a division into distinct areas having a specific relation or a specific position relative to one another.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.