Pronunciation: (tô-ren'shul, tō-, tu-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/torrential.html on line 75 [key]
1. pertaining to or having the nature of a torrent.
2. resembling a torrent in rapidity or violence.
3. falling in torrents: torrential rains.
4. produced by the action of a torrent.
5. violent, vehement, or impassioned.
6. overwhelming; extraordinarily copious.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.