Pronunciation: (trash),[key] —n. 1. anything worthless, useless, or discarded; rubbish.
2. foolish or pointless ideas, talk, or writing; nonsense.
3. a worthless or disreputable person.
4. such persons collectively.
5. literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality.
6. broken or torn bits, as twigs, splinters, rags, or the like.
7. something that is broken or lopped off from anything in preparing it for use.
8. the refuse of sugar cane after the juice has been expressed.
9. Computers.an icon of a trash can that is used to delete files dragged onto it.
—v.t. 1. Slang.to destroy, damage, or vandalize, as in anger or protest: The slovenly renters had trashed the house. 2. to condemn, dismiss, or criticize as worthless: The article trashed several recent best-sellers. 3. to remove the outer leaves of (a growing sugar cane plant).
4. to free from superfluous twigs or branches.