—v.i. 1. to shake involuntarily with quick, short movements, as from fear, excitement, weakness, or cold; quake; quiver.
2. to be troubled with fear or apprehension.
3. (of things) to be affected with vibratory motion.
4. to be tremulous, as light or sound: His voice trembled.
—n. 1. the act of trembling.
2. a state or fit of trembling.
3. trembles,(used with a singular v.) a. Pathol.See milk sickness. b. Vet. Pathol.a toxic condition of cattle and sheep caused by the eating of white snakeroot and characterized by muscular tremors.