Pronunciation: (trim'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that trims.
2. a tool or machine for trimming, clipping, paring, or pruning.
3. a machine for trimming lumber.
4. Building Trades. a. a joist or rafter supporting one of the ends of a header at the edge of a wellhole.
b. a wall tile or floor tile for finishing an edge or angle.
5. an apparatus for stowing, arranging, or shifting cargo, coal, or the like.
6. a person who has no firm position, opinion, or policy, esp. in politics.
7. a person who is committed to no particular political party, adapting to one side or another as expediency may dictate.
Pronunciation: (trim'ur),[key] —adj. comparative of trim.